Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sno-Fia

Lisa's nephew calls Sophia that so I thought it would be cute as the subject line for a post about her!

Sophia loves to talk. She likes to talk to you...not just blabber on about nothing. She likes to know what you think. Lately she has been asking me questions like this: "Mom....what is your favorite part about ________?". Fill-in-th-blank with whatever is relevant at that moment....Christmas, birthdays, Sundays, weenend, homework, driving, shopping, pets, etc. It is sweet that she is asking these questions and she genuinely wants to know...it can be annoying at times....but mostly sweet(please don't tell her I am writing this because it will make her self-conscious and then she will stop!)

Sophia has a little phobia about being in the bathroom by herself....especially when she is taking a shower. It drives.me.insane. Last night I went there with her until she got in the shower and then I left. She was talking away thinking I was there and then she paused and said....."Mom? Mom? are you still in here?" and if I don't answer she will start yelling for me. It is a little comical sometimes;) Anyway.....last night I had Nate go in the bathroom to wait for his turn. Most of the time he protests just to make her mad....but she has been nice to him lately and helping with some of his phobias so this was a way for him to give back to her!

So I was on the computer in the other room when I heard them talking and then I heard Sophia ask, "So Nate....what is your favorite part about showers?". I wish I had written down the rest of the conversation. Not sure how he answered or if the subject changed but I chuckled when I heard her ask that question. She was just trying to engage him in conversation so he would stay!!

4 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

That is cute about Sophia. Not that she likes someone in the bathroom with her, but that she is asking all those questions! She may become a great orator! If she remembers the answers, she could get a lot of dirt on you! Be careful what you confess. Don't tell her about the time you skipped school and got caught!!

Chris said...

Kinda frustrating, I'm sure!
So, what's the best part about sitting in the steamy bathroom for 20 minutes...?
Cute girl.

The Walker Family said...

I have heard her do this to you! Her voice is shrilling at times! Poor Fia, does she have phias about the basement at Granny's? Give her time, she will! lol

That Girl said...

LOL!

I've got a kid who loves to talk TO you, as well - we should hook them up.