Monday, May 18, 2009

So sad...

I finished another year of preschool. It was wonderful. I introduced Zoo Phonics which worked so well and for a short while I had no spots available! The sad part about it was the 3 students who graduated. These little ones were with me when I opened my preschool. They were my guniea pigs. I definately learned right alongside them.
We had our graduation party on Friday. There were a few moments where I felt like I was going to cry-3 times during the party and a couple while I was getting things ready. I am excited about the next year but sad to see this one end.
In May I had 6 students signed up for the next school year. Because of job transfers and other issues I could drop to only 2! I am not worried about getting more students but a little sad again that the ones I am losing won't be coming back! I want what is best for these families but would love if they would just drive their children to my preschool everyday...is that too much to ask? I mean how bad would a commute from B'ham be at 7am?? hardy har har! I could just open a boarding school....
Here are Kylie and Chase in their cap and gown. Aren't they precious!
We painted these shirts for everyone.

Richard took this picture of Isabel. I included it here because it was such a good picture.
One thing I love about preschool is the different personalities of the children. It is so fun to watch them all interact. This little one loves action figures...power rangers to be exact....and ninja turtles. During the graduation ceremony I had each child say their name and what they wanted to be when they grew up. Isabel and Todd want to be Power Rangers. Kylie wants to be an "every job girl"; Chase wants to be an engineer; Trent wants to be someone who fixes bridges; Addy wants to be a veternarian.
I just want to be a preschool teacher and never grow up!
One more thing...Jessica told me today that yesterday when she got home from church Chase told her that he is so lucky because even though preschool is over he still gets to see his preschool teacher at church. sniff, sniff. Today when I saw Chase and Nolan they each gave me big hugs. Nolan said " Bye Ms. Mary Quate. I am going to miss your berry much". Oh....rip my heart out! Good thing they are only going to B'ham!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Chris said...

Oh my goodness! That was a tear jerker!! What lucky children they have all been to have YOU for their preschool teacher. I am sure that no children could feel more loved by their teacher. How I wish we could have worked it out for Amy to go to Learning Adventures Preschool!

Chris said...

Oh, by-the-way, I was wondering if I might borrow a cap and gown to take some Kindergarten graduation pictures of Amy? I just couldn't see paying $30.00 to have them done at school!!
Ridiculous. I had thought about putting Natalie's LHS cap and gown on her and taking a few pictures, but this would be a better fit for sure. :)

The Walker Family said...

big girls cry too MK! THe kids and parents will never have a better teacher than you! Congrats to a great eacher!

ps- do you accept canines' Benny and Carhartt would love to attend! hardy har har!

The Walker Family said...

I'm interested in your LEarning Adventures PReschool and would like to come bye next week to check out the school. You'll be there, right? lol NOT!

Granny's Blog said...

What good pictures and sweet comments! You are lucky that you love what you do.

the Villamor's said...

Chris- sure you can borrow them!

Trudy....Bennie and Carhartt can come but no family discounts!:)