Tuesday, June 16, 2009

We are back!


Well...we have made it back home safe and sound! The flight home was twice as easy but it has been harder to get acclimated to our time zone. It was easy while we were there because we were so busy all the time. THere were cousins for the kids to play with so that kept them up. There were adults to talk to so that kept me and Richard up. Well....we are just kind of recovering alone in peace and quiet here so it isn't hard to take 5-7 hour naps! That is what happened today....not what we planned but it just happened. So it is 11pm and the kids are wide awake. I could go back to sleep but will wait for another hour or so.


The trip was very memorable. We met some awesome people that will always have a place in our hearts. The hard part about leaving the Philippines is that we will not see these wonderful people again unless we travel there. I just wish I could repay their hospitality by cooking dinner for them or something. Filipinos are a very unique people...very giving and loving. I have learned a lot from being around so many and seeing the culture firsthand. I am grateful to have such wonderful in-laws....even if there is a language barrier.


I hope to get some pictures up soon but our laptop needed to get some updates and such when we hooked it back to the internet and that is taking longer than we expected. Richard took 1800 pictures...but only about 200 could tell the whole story! THe joy of a digital camera!


Can't wait to share a few of those!

7 comments:

Jill said...

Welcome Back..it is a small blog world. I was checking out your blogs you like and I visit Brenda's too! Do you know her?

TheVillamorFamily said...

Which Brenda? I am assuming the one that lives in UT? I know her through some adoption websites and she actually was our guest speaker at our adoption conference! it is a small world!

Lindsey said...

I think you should load the entire 1800. I really need to get a very good, very thorough feel of the place. :)

the Villamor's said...

Lindsey- you are too funny....how about coming to my house and we can just scroll through the pictures together....no...even I dont' want to go through 1800 shots!!:) THanks for the laugh!!

Unknown said...

Mary kate...you are so funny! I have been reading all your little adventure posts since you have been out there. I especially enjoyed the "she is not fat" post. I love how every culture is so different, it keeps things interesting! Can't wait to see pictures!

Chris said...

purposefully left you alone so I didn't interrupt naps etc. :)
Looking forward to seeing SOME of those pictures.
I'm sure going there and being immersed in the culture helped you learn more about Richard & and why he is the way he is. You know... all his little quirks! --just kidding! ;)

Granny's Blog said...

Dad and I are just glad you are home, safe and sound. I'm glad you love your in-laws. That's the way it should be.