Sunday, July 19, 2009

Accomplished!


This weekend I passed the training to become a Body Pump instructor! Ever since I started teaching RPM last year I have wanted to become certified in another Les Mills program(for those of you who know what I am talking about...you know what I am talking about!! if you don't just click on the links to find out more...and if you are ever in LaGrange let me know and you can come to a class for free! it is a par-TAY baby!)

A couple of weeks ago I looked at the trainings offered in my area and saw that Body Pump was being offered in Albany-close to home and I could stay with Richard's brother. Hmmmm.....this got me really interested....but my family was supposed to be coming into town that weekend...so I had to just wait for another training to roll by. Well...plans got canceled which opened the way for me to go and I actually got the last spot in the training!!! I knew it was going to be brutal-"the hardest thing I have ever done" is what all the instructors told me-so I was a little nervous! But I thought RPM training was THE hardest thing I had ever done. Well...they were both "bloody" hard! (our trainer liked to use that word;)) This was somewhat easier because I had gone through a Les Mills training before...but this was more physically challenging! They really push you to lift A LOT of weight to show that you can do WAY more than you THINK you can. That is so true!
Don't you just love that feeling of accomplishment when you do something you didn't think you could do???

3 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

I'm glad you passed the test. I was thinking about something we talked about concerning preschool...that you would have more time for your own children. I think that's a good thing to talk about for they will only by 9 and 7 once and you need to be there when they need you. Sometimes your time needs to be their time.

Chris said...

Congratulations on your accomplishment!! Pump baby pump!

I'm THINKING about joining the gym. Hey, maybe Amanda or Jessica would like me to finish paying for their year, that way it would help them, & I could see if I really liked it or not? Not really sure that's how it works though...
Do you know?

the Villamor's said...

You can break your contract when you move...but you should join!! It would be fun to see you in class!