Saturday, October 3, 2009

Growing up....

Sophia is in the 4th grade now and apparently this is the grade where the students can join lots of clubs.....there is the

Academic Bowl....

the Running Club


the Student Council...

and of course Chorus.
The only club I knew about was Chorus. I signed a paper agreeing to let her participate and loved how excited she was about participating! I learned about the other clubs through friends. I was a little suprised that she didn't want to do Student Council...I mean they get out of class to do special projects for the teachers! I LOVED any opprotunity to get out of class!
I questioned Sophia why she didn't want to join any of the others clubs.
"Mom, I don't want to be so busy. I already have ballet and chorus. That is enough. I want to have one afternoon to spend at home."
Wow. Spoken like a true grown-up-almost-10-year-old.
My answer was: "You are so right Baby Girl."

5 comments:

Chris said...

Smart girl! Amy wants her days at home to play too! :) She loves dance, but some days she says she wants to quit because she just wants to stay home and have a play date.

Chris said...

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Chris said...

Smart girl! Amy wants her days at home to play too! :) She loves dance, but some days she says she wants to quit because she just wants to stay home and have a play date.

Granny's Blog said...

I'm glad she's in chorus! I would hate for her to miss out on music in its various forms. We couldn't join any thing except chorus and band in the 7-8 grades and I was in them both. In high school, one had to choose one or the other and I choose band. I sang in the choir at church.

Sophia said...

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!