Wednesday, August 25, 2010

SUmmer Fun-Basketball Camp

In an effort to get Nate to become an extrovert I enrolled him in a basketball camp. Of course Nate didn't want to attend but this was one activity I said there was no discussion about. I allowed him to choose whether he would do Cub Scout Day camp and even let him choose whether we were going to continue with the Cub Scout program next year. Since he chose not to participate in scouts anymore I calmly told him he was going to the b-ball camp...no discussion. I got his friend Jacob Hansen to come down from TN and go with him. Also Patrick and Wesley were there so he had a handful of people he already knew! He had minimal anxiety on the first day and was smiles everytime I picked him up! ANyone who knows Nate would understand how big this is for him.

Mike Pauly is the Boys head basketball coach at LaGrange High School. I got to know him a little from classes at the gym and when I saw this was his camp I knew it was the place for Nate!
The group shot on the last day....i think this was the serious picture....
and this was the goofy one. Only problem was Nate looks the same in both! We are working on that!:)

3 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

Nate does seem to have his mouth open in the second picture! I'm glad he was all smiles after the practices. I'm also glad you are back to posting.

Chris said...

We've know coach Pauley for many years- he is a good man. I'm sure Nate learned a lot, and really did have some fun...even if he couldn't show it. Some day he'll be all :)

Chris said...

We've know coach Pauley for many years- he is a good man. I'm sure Nate learned a lot, and really did have some fun...even if he couldn't show it. Some day he'll be all :)