Sunday, November 2, 2008

Decorations...

Just wanted to record some of our recent decorations.....

We have a friend who is a professional artist. She painted this portrait of our family. We love it! She does amazing work!

We have high ceilings in our living room which makes it difficult to find things to decorate the large spaces! Before we painted this room we had a small quilt hanging in this space above the piano. It looked great but I wanted to change things around after we painted....but this was a very hard space to fill. I was looking on-line and found this idea from someone's blog. They had pictures hanging in each frame. I also saw another idea where they had the letters spelled out. So I took both ideas and created my own. I have an idea of something I want to hang underneath this board but for now it is bare.
I got the board and doorknobs from an antique store. My friend Jill Stroud cut out the vinyl letters for me and the frames were $2/each from Old Time Pottery. The total price for this was around $40. I love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MK, that looks awesome! I love the Family frame.... so cute! And I really love the dark brown in your bedroom- very dramatic! It makes that big space seem warm and cozy. Good job!

Chris said...

Wow, Sarah did such an amazing job on your family portrait!
Your family wall hanging creation turned out great too.
You guys are just decorating-aholics. Where do you get all that energy? It all looks great.

TheVillamorFamily said...

We haven't decorated in YEARS! And all these projects have been in the "process" for months and months!
I just feel like we finally know our "style" and have accumulated enought junk to make it look nice! ha! that is if we get all the clutter put away!