Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Weekend Trip

A couple weeks ago I decided to go visit my friend Heather down in South Alabama....not like me to take a spur-of-the-moment trip but I sure like those kind....and hope to take more! Heather and her family moved to LaGrange when Lillian(the tall one) was just a few months old. We became fast friends! Lil was my buddy and when we brought Fia home they became buddies! Heather moved to TN a few years later which was sad but also wonderful becasue if she hadn't we wouldn't have our Nate! She babysat for Joy (his birthmom) while she worked nights. That is how Joy found us and with Heather's help chose to make an adoption plan for Nate.


Here they all are. It is weird to see them all this big! I wish I could scan in the pic we took right when Nate was placed with us. They all smiled so good for the camera....it was a miracle the picture turned out so good!

This picture was taken at Billy's seafood where Richard requested we bring home some crabs and shrimp. Billy's motto is "if it swims, we got it!"

Here the clan is after church. I still am in awe at how tall Lil is! She is almost 5ft! She will be 10 this month!


Of course we couldn't pass up the opprotunity to be Charlie's angels in front of Heather's shaggin' wagon! Thanks Jacob for letting us borrow your weapons!



It got a little violent towards the end...it burned!
The hardest part about any visit is the drive home! We had a fab-O time and hope it doesn't take us so long to get back down there next time!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow! I cannot believe how big Lillian is! I think she was probably 3 the last time I saw her! Looks like a fun trip!

Granny's Blog said...

Looks like you had a great visit!

Chris said...

I don't think I would recognize Heather's kids. Just crazy how they've grown up. I'm glad you went to visit them. Way to be spur-of-the-momentish.