Sunday, November 2, 2008

2nd 10K

My friend Sarah and I ran our second 10K yesterday. It was at the "Twillight Run Through The Lights" at Callaway Gardens. The weather was gorgeous and it was pretty cool to be running through the route for Fantasy in Lights. They had the music playing in some parts of the race. We beat our time from our 1st 10K which was our goal.



The reason Sarah is making this face is because she experienced intestional distress(side-effect of an antibiotic she was taking) during the race....causing her to take a detour into the woods at one point! She is tougher than me...I would have just stopped and waited for the trolley to come around to collect the injured! I ran ahead while she made her pit-stop and about a mile later she had already caught up to me!



We had fun and look forward to the next 10K...where our goal will be no pooping on the course! hardy har har!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Way to go---oops, I guess I shouldn't use that expression with this post.-- ha ;)

Granny's Blog said...

You are a strong woman too! It must really be fun running in an event like that. I remember when I ran the "Rat" race at UNA (freshmen were called rats). I won it too! We had to wear PJ's over our clothes. I used to have a small trophy from that race.