Saturday, January 10, 2009

Scrapbook Retreat!

So back in Oct. '08 TJ asked me if I wanted to go to the Red Rooster with her and her scrapbook group. I had gone a couple years earlier and had a blast(got 51 pages done)! I didn't want to scrapbook though....I had stopped doing that in January and even given away a lot of my supplies. But then I realized I could go and take other projects...but the fun part would be spending the weekend with my awesome big sister! So it was settled. I was going!
We quickly sent in our deposit to reserve our spot and before we knew it--it was time to fly over to Crane Hill, AL! It is so beautiful up here....right on Smith Lake.
Here we are after working too hard:)
My work station(the whole bottom floor of this house is set up with these folding tables for everyone to spread out all their supplies and work!)
Here is TJ's work station....quite a bit more stuff! She is a serious memory-maker-preserver!
There is a second floor that overlooks the first floor. There is a TV and living room area where we headed to watch "Wife Swap". We brought up some work to do while we watched-Trudy put some vinyl letters on a ceramic tile(like this) and I did lesson plans for preschool.
It was a fab-O weekend! I sure Richard was here to drive me home! I sure am spoiled by him driving us on long trips!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chris said...

It sounds like such a fun weekend. I'd LOVE to do that with my sisters!!! You are very lucky (I know you know, but I thought I'd remind you :) )
I bet you feel all refreshed and ready to go again (I meant with preschool etc, but I bet you're really ready to go back to the retreat place) ;)

Granny's Blog said...

It's good to have a sister isn't it!

The Walker Family said...

Thanks MK for going with me. It meant so much to me to have this time just to ourselves! I love you!