Sunday, January 4, 2009

Crabs!

Every Christmas Richard's family gathers together at someone's house to celebrate. We hosted in 2002-when we first moved into this house. It was 1394 square feet then and we had 22 extra people here! 6 years later and with about 800 extra square feet we were ready to host the shin-dig again! This time we only had 15 extra....I don't know how we all fit in here 6 years ago!
The highlight of this weekend probably was the crabs we had shipped from Billy's seafood down in South Alabama. They arrived Thursday afternoon(packed with dry ice). I suggested Richard should open the cooler and put ice on them.,..just in case. His mom arrived midnight Friday and she suggested we...she....cook them now. So they stayed up until 2am cooking all 48 of the blue crustaceans. The next morning there were crabs everywhere I looked! I heard them joking they didn't want to eat them for breakfast because they wouldn't be able to stop....well they did pull them out and start eating them! And every meal someone was eating the crabs! I don't care for them....just because they are so much work but we had a house full of happy bellies that weekend! there were even enough for everyone to take some home with them!


Posted by Picasa
I love when Cleofe visits! She takes over my kitchen!! And most of the meals that come out of her cooking is very yummy!!! Some fish dishes are too much for me!

1 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

I recognize Richard's mother....
Good pictures of all.