Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving~

Every year we try to get together to cook some bird and bread and laugh. We are getting better and better at it each time! I think we are moving out of the dysFUNctional family category;) hardy har de har har!
Trudy and I do not like turkey....but everyone else does so we have a turkey breast that is cooked in the crockpot. Sure wish I knew how to cook it so it wasn't so DRY! Trudy found a recipe for homemade cranberry sauce that was so yummy...it made the turkey taste divine:)
We also cooked a ham(a first for us...usually get them already cooked)...did you know you boil ham?? it was very tasty! and was nice that it didn't take up room in the oven! I made my stuffing, we had veggies, baked sweet potatoes and of course George's pumpkin pie(that TJ made).
Cheers to the Granny!
Don't mess with me. Who gave me that knife??
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chris said...

Looks like you had a fun time. I think I'll steer clear of you though. Your Mom is looking great!

Granny's Blog said...

Good blog. We did have fun. We shouldn't worry about who doesn't come, just have fun with the people that show up!

Laine said...

hey you! Long time no talk. it was fun catching up with you...again, I always love your pictures and athe faces you make. Happy late birthday Fia!!! love, elaine