Thursday, November 1, 2007

the Boy Wonder

Nate said he wanted to be "Robin" -Batman's trusty sidekick. I was a little suprised because he has Batman stuff but nothing Robin. He must have seen it on TV or somewhere but whatever makes you happy Nate!! After a search on Ebay I found this costume for him. He approved but I was unsure that he would even wear it out of the house on Halloween. This is usually what would happen with Nate-he would get something new but be to anxious to wear it out for fear of the attention it would bring to him. I was happy to get the costume for him since it was cheap and what he wanted. I knew he would enjoy it at home at least even if it didn't go out on Oct. 31st with him to get candy! When it first arrived I excitedly showed him the package and he smiled and then started crying. He said "but I don't want anyone to see it". I assured him he didn't have to wear it out if he didn't want to. Part of me wished I hadn't bought it but then he would wear parts of the costume around the house and be so happy to have it that it made the purchase worth it. Oct. 30th we had a party at church where we were to dress in our costumes. Nate said he didn't want to dress up-no shock at all. But to all of our suprise the night of Trick-or-Treating he put it on with no anxiety! He seemed excited to have it on and even let me get some pictures....but as he has told us before "I am not use to smiling" so that is why he looks so serious in the pictures.....or maybe it was because he was really feeling like "Robin-the Boy Wonder" and was getting a call from Batman that an evil villian was loose in the neighborhood and he needed to bring the batmobile around so they could go fight-or something:) Everyone that knows Nate was so shocked to see him in his costume and can't believe how far he has come. He is definately our "Boy Wonder" and we love him SOOO much!



Fia (a.k.a. Hannah Montana) makig it look like Nate is flying






duh........i is the boy wonder
Oh....and remember the post about him wishing for straight hair??? If you click on the picture to enlarge it you can see where he has wet his hair in an effort to straighten it. i believe this whole "i want my hair straight" business came from him wanting to be just exactly like Robin right down to his hair!



let's go Batman! I'll drive this time!

0 comments: