Sunday, October 19, 2008

New Floors

Ever since we finished our floors in the kitchen (back in May) I was planning to do the floors in our sunroom during our fall break in October. Well as the time grew closer I would have rather been camping but knew we needed to get that project DONE! So Richard took off those 2 days to help me. Trudy and her 2 kids came down for the weekend since it was also their fall break. They knew what they were coming into but wanted to come anyway. I was thinking Forrest would be able to help but Sadie and Trudy helped as well! We started laying the tile on Friday after lunch and finished Saturday night! (finished laying the tile that is....I still had the grout to do on Monday but it was so nice to relax on Sunday knowing we only had grouting left!) I couldn't have done it without all their help!

Not sure what job I had Sadie do here...maybe she was cleaning the tiles after they had set for 24 hours. This is a very messy job....as you can see. It tears up your fingers as well...OUCH!

Forrest and Ryan have been getting together whenever Trudy comes for a visit and instead of Fo spending the night with Ryan we had Ryan come over to our house. Too bad because we put him to work! ha! It was very nice to have 2 strong teenagers to carry the 50 pound bags of thinset and all those boxes of tile! Oh...and they were a big help getting this TV cabinet into the other room!

I need to take a pic of the finished floor but here it is without the grout. (check out Trudy's post about her Fall Break and see some other pictures)
It was SOOOOOOO nice to have Trudy and her family here to help. What a time-saver and sanity-saver they were. This is such a hard job and I can see why the professionals charge $4-5000 to do a room like this! We messed up in a couple of places but we did the best we could! I don't mind the mistakes...it gives the room character! And look how much money we saved!

5 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

The floor looks really nice and I bet they'll be a snap to keep clean! I'm glad Trudy and family could be down to help. Everyone had a great time.

The Walker Family said...

we were glad to help MK! I think this was the true meaning of work and helping others because not once did the kids sy no or whine when we asked to help! There was such a sweet spirit the whole time we were there!

Rebecca said...

That looks so great!! I know well how hard this work is! Great job!

Rebecca said...

Oh and PS I'm tagging you on my blog!

Chris said...

Ryan was glad to do some
"service" :) I'm afraid my hands certainly couldn't take that job!!
We'll have to come see the finished project.