Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sucker born every day!

A few weeks ago someone rearended me in our little '94 Honda Civic. The damage was minor but more than the car was worth so it was considered "totalled"....which seems funny to me:)
So we are in the market for another Civic. I was looking on Craigslist yesterday and this 2004 Civic caught my attention. I got a little suspicious after seeing on kbb.com that the real value of this car is over $10, 000 and they were asking less than 4? I emailed to see how many miles were on it since they didn't disclose that in the ad. Here is the reply I got last night:
First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my car. I sell it at this price ($ 3,860.00) because i'm in a divorce with my husband.When the divorce will be finished this car will be my property. Now as a women i don't need it. This car is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title.From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services. We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $20,000.00The final price that I want for this car is($ 3860.00) including shipping and handling.If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay.I will wait your answer very soon.
I quickly sent in my information and SS# just in case.....JUST KIDDING! I replied with this address:
Yougotta B. Kidding
123 Fraud Way
Succorville USA

1 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

How would think of buying a car on eBay?? Not me. Good luck in finding another car. Honda cars are great. Our Accord is almost 19 years old. I just had a new muffler put on and it's good to go. Our car looks 19 years old too!