Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sophia's first race...and hopefully not her last!




Last year I ran the " Leggin' It For Literacy" 5K....my first attempt at running...ever. I was very slow but reached my goal of not stopping! When this race came around again I asked Sophia if she wanted to do the 1 mile run and I would do it with her. The race was at 10:05 PM...yea that was late....but Sophia did soooo good! She didn't stop the whole time even though she wanted to! We made it across the finish line just above 10 minutes! Towards the end I was telling her "You can do this!" and she said " yea I know...that is what I have been telling myself too":)
I hope we can do this again Sophia!






3 comments:

Natalie said...

Way to go, Fia! (and Mary Kate). Sounds like fun!

Chris said...

Next year she'll be telling you...come on Mom--you can do it--don't stop! Great job!

Granny's Blog said...

Bravo! Makes my heart beat faster just reading the blog...I'm sweating,and now I'm getting nauseous, I'd better quit now...no finish line for me!