Thursday, April 30, 2009

Oh mannn.....

This time of year always goes by so fast....especially when you are busy! I wanted to start off posting about the oink-flu hul-a-ba-loo but decided to just write about everything that has been going on for us the past 2 weeks as well...so here goes!


If you have read our blog for the past year you know we have had some weird luck with animals. I won't go back and add links to words....but just to review-1 gerbil, 2 hamsters, 1 dashaund puppy, 1 rescued 5 year old minature poodle...and we just kept wanting more I guess! ha!(we don't have any of those animals....they either died, caused allergies or bit children!) The only animal that has lasted has been our beloved Cricket-the 13.5 year old toy poodle.

So I was looking at different breeds-waiting to get something after we got back from the Philippines. Wellll....we went into a pet store in the mall 2 weekends ago and fell in love with the 5 month old Bichon(the pic above isn't ours....but he looks just like this....with more dirt around his mouth though and his ears are apricot). He had been in the pet store for 2 months and you could tell....but he has adjusted to our family life SO well!!!! He is even getting the potty-training figured out also!


The countdown is on for our trip to Richard's homeland. We are going to one of these places....Mindanao is the island his city on....and we will be traveling to Cebu(north) for some of that time. We are all looking forward to the trip! Trudy will be coming for some of the time to house-sit, pet-sit and paint! THanks sis!


One reason I am so mentally busy is the preschool year is coming to a close! This is especially memorable because 3 of my students who started with me last year will be graduating! sniff! sniff! I am planning a little graduation party with painted shirts, songs, cap &gowns, and of course diplomas! We are also having a "field day" on the last day of school....but I got smart and delegated that responsibility to one of my parents!!! She LOVES doing stuff like this and I LOVE delegating stuff like that!



Ok....so I get these posts started in my head and they usually never get written but since my mother pointed out that I haven't blogged in 2 weeks i thought I would include my thoughts on this swine flu. Now....I believe this is a serious illness. I am sad that so many people are dieing(is that how you spell that?) in Mexico. But do we need to be getting so worked up about it over here? Is the reason Mexico has so many deaths is because they don't have the treatment options that we do here? We did have one confirmed case at our hospital last night...but do we need to close schools like Hazel Green is doing? What are the parents going to do if the schools are closed and they need to get to work? Is Obama going to create another government program to pay for missed work? And don't people die each year from the flu anyway? I just hate the drama any issue. Maybe tell us how this compares to the regular flu(do we need to give it an animal name too?) that everyone gets every year. I rather be educated than scared into precautions. And I guess I could be researching this instead of whining about it on my blog! hardy har snort!



1 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

The picture of the Bichon needs a hair cut! Ha-ha-ha. Yes, Cricket is the Queen of the house and Obie needs to learn to respect her. Did you ever get some arthritis meds for her? If not, you can do it when you get back. I would tell Forrest and Sadie that Cricket's bones feel sore and to not pick her up and hold her.