Thursday, September 10, 2009

Our life at the moment....

So our life has slowed down considerably since I am not teaching seminary(which I miss a lot) or preschool (which I miss more). That leaves me with too much time on my hands....(are you thinking of that song too??).

So I occasionally get frustrated with myself when I walk around thinking "what should I do now?" (key word here: occasionally). I never made this punch list of all the projects I would do with this extra time. I never thought I would get more organized or clean my house more. I guess that was my problem....so to solve it I made a list of projects I need/want to accomplish so when I am walking around going "what now?" I can look at my list and get to work. They are not big ones...just small ones that can be done during the time between taking the kids to school and heading to the gym to teach or the 2 hours before heading off to dance/soccer. One is to finish our Philippines Trip blog. Another is to organize my laundry room. Another is to work on my menu cards which will help me work on my 3- month food supply. Work on Sophia's dress she has been bugging me to make for too long now...shame on ME!:)

I secretly (guess it isn't a secret anymore...) wish I WANTEd to be more organized...but just can't find the motivation for that. Or I wish I WANTED to have clean countertops everyday. Or I wish I WANTED to __. Does it sound like I lack some movtivation?:) I dont' spend time comparing myself to my friends who have cleaning rituals....it is much healthier to admire them:).

So I am just rambling now....so let's move on:)



Nate has turned a corner. Last week he only moved his clip once....ONCE! He seems more relaxed. It is like he finally understands what each teacher expects of him. He GETS it. Man I was all prepared for a rough year but am so relieved that he is feeling better about all of it! I had a conference with his teacher and was so grateful that she understands him. She picked up on his anxiety and doesn't push. She seems to know when to push and when to let him work it out himself. Hooray for good teachers!!

He is also coming out of his separation anxiety. Last year I made the mistake of leaving him at a basketball practice to go into the van and read. He was crying and upset when I came back in. This set off his anxiety and he literally would panic when I mentioned leaving him anywhere! He still feels a little leary of being away from me or doing new things but he pushes through!

He is starting soccer and continues to do Cub Scouts. He will love soccer and doesn't really love Cub Scouts but we hope that will change. It is a great program and does a lot for the boys. He is a great kid but he says he doesn't have many friends:( He is going through the "i am not going to be your friend if you don't do ______." He thinks if someone doesn't say "you are my friend" then he can't play with them. Too funny...well not to him....

And I am a little perplexed about something that happened today.

In May I had a visit from the lady who does an annual report for my daycare license. All went well and I didn't have any violations. So I thought I was good for another year. Since I am not teaching preschool this year I have not been keeping up on all the rules and regulations...I figured I would get everything in order before May '10 when she would be returning. I would know by then if I would in fact be opening Learning Adventures Preschool for the '10-11 school year. Well...today i get a knock on my door and there was the lady. They had changed the rules and she was coming back for a visit. I informed her of my situation but she had to either close my daycare or do her report. I didn't want to close because of the lengthy process to re-open but I was going to have A LOT of violations if she did her report today and that would show up on the internet(you can see the reports of all the daycares in Georgia). Plus I would need to put a fence around my playground and i dont' have the money to do that right now so I decided to just close my daycare. She took my license and everything. It is just weird that this happened. it doesn't mean I won't have preschool here anymore....i can always get re-licensed...but it was just weird. The State has made a lot of changes for daycare homes and it gets to be a hassle...but it is to keep the children safe....so it is a good thing I guess.
So there is our life right now. I am going to write something about Sophia now:)

1 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

You just haven't adjusted to you new life of leisure. Hopefully things will get better as time goes on...