Sunday, November 22, 2009

happy halloween!

Sophia loves to do crafts...and i love doing them with her. Hallowen has LOTS of fun crafts! Sophia went on familyfun.com and printed off a few ideas.


These weren't from Family Fun but aren't they cute! I have admired these little guys every year at Chris's house and would think "they look easy enough to paint!". This year we got together and painted these. I learned a couple painting techniques and they weren't as easy as I thought:) By "easy" I mean I wouldn't have been able to recreate these beauties on my own! One of my new favorite quotes came from our painting time together...."it's only a candy corn". I would say this when I would be frustrated about what how mine were looking...and then i would remind myself that they were only wooden candy corn people!
I made these a couple of years ago and thought they looked so cool. The hardest part is finding the cheesecloth but they turn out so cute. The first time I made them I painted ovals for their eyes...
These are our ghost people. You make them from salt dough and harden them in the microwave. We couldn't get our dough stiff enough so they began to droop and sag. I looked at them and wondered what I could do to make them look like they were "doing something" instead of looking like they were melting. Can you guess what they are doing???
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chris said...

Haaaa, the limbo ghosts! Very cute. I think they look more ghostly in their odd falling overish shapes.
I'm glad you came over to paint candy corns. Some things in life, like candy corns, just aren't worth stressing over, eh? (I certainly have to remind myself of that fact often!)

Natalie said...

Love the libmoing ghosts. Which one won? Looks like you guys had fun!

Granny's Blog said...

I know why the ghosts are sagging about...they got into Grandma's elderberry wine! The other decorations were nice too.