Sunday, November 22, 2009

I love how easy-going Fia is....she loves to be around people and to please them.
I love how she loves to learn. She has always excelled in her studies and rarely needs encouragement to do her work. Here she is holding her certificate for winning a writing contest.


Sophia's full name is Enid Sophia Alisa. Enid is my grandmother's name and SOphia is Richard's granmother's name. I wanted to honor my Nannie by calling her Enid but she just didn't look like an Enid...she really looked like a Sophia...so it stuck. Nannie was very touched that we used her name. Alisa is what she was for 3 weeks...what her birthparents named her after she was born. We kept it as a way to honor them.
With the name Sophia you usually think the nickname would be Sophie....but I really didnt' like that name and never used it. Her best friend Lillian or "Lil" (whose mother didn't want her nickname to be Lilly) began calling her Fia...and it stuck.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: