Thursday, January 17, 2008

Fun with Grampie


I was going through some pictures and came across some of the kids playing with Grampie in his room. This one above is the most recent one taken Nov. 2007. They go back into his room, pull up a bill box to sit on and Grampie tells them stories of Patrick and snowballs or they play games on his PDA. All Granny and I hear from the living room is sudden bursts of laughter! It is so funny. The last visit we had Grampie kept loosing his fingers over something and that became the running joke about everything. We would end every story with "isn't that how you lost your finger?" This is a great memory for my children and I know Grampie loves it too!


These pictures were taken November of 2005. What could possible be so funny on that little screen?



I love the laugh on Fia's face. She was really laughing that hard and having that much fun!






Looks like she is picking out nits from Grampie's head.....good thing he shaves his head. Makes it easier for us to pick them out....just kidding Grampie....that is how you lost your finger wasn't it?



2 years ago Nate wasn't so keen on visiting with Grampie because of his messy room. Someone once said it looked like a "warehouse" which is a pretty good description:) That was during Nate's high anxiety times and he was content on just playing with the cars in the same room as me. The roars of laughter coming from the room and tall tales Fia would rehearse after coming from the room peeked his curiousity enough that he eventually joined Fia for those wild adventures. Now Nate just wants to visit Grampie to play his Xbox most of the time but for Fia she LOVES the stories. I hate that my Dad is so sick all the time but I wonder if he wasn't....would these memories exist?

(for those who don't know my Dad he is 95% bedridden with Rheumatoid Arthrtis. He got this horrible disease when he was in his early 20's. I hope my children never outgrow their need for snowball and Patrick stories because Grampie will always be there ready with a new one....just be sure not to lose your finger Grampie!)



2 comments:

The Walker Family said...

Isn't it neat the relationship Grampie has with each of our children? He loves to play the xbox with Forrest and Sadie. I guess they are too old for Patrick and snowballs? lol

Granny's Blog said...

That was a sweet post, MKLV.