Saturday, January 19, 2008

This morning when i left to go to the gym it was 34 degrees and raining. When I was leaving the gym the rain was snow and it was coming down pretty hard! It was a very pretty drive home from town! I came home to happy children who had been making snowmen....not dressed appropriately though! Sophia was in capri pants and they both had on light jackets! We managed to find hats and scarves and put on enough jackets to keep warm while we played. It was so much fun!

Our friends (from Utah) brought over their sleds and we had a blast sledding down our front lawn! And of course making snowmen and throwing snowballs. The funniest part was Richard out in the freezing cold with just his thin PJ pants....no socks....and his pants rolled up! At one point he was barefoot even. I guess growing up in a humid tropical climate does things to your mind;) ha!

5 comments:

irvy said...

Too Much Fun - we didn't get any up here - just bitter cold.

Natalie said...

man, I wish we had some snow! ...oh, wait... But you know, I don't seem to enjoy it as much when it's here for 6 months. We've had one snowball fight, but other than that I try to avoid it. I am going snow shoeing on Tuesday though.
Looks like you guys had fun!

The Walker Family said...

I a so jealous! It should have been me on that sled!

Anonymous said...

You guys had so much fun! We tried to sled with cardboard boxes... didn't go so well! I wish we had sleds- that looks fun!

Granny's Blog said...

I was wondering if your snow stuck. Ha! Stuck real good! I'm glad you old folks had fun, especially Papa Richard!