Friday, February 15, 2008

Digging Holes






The kids and a friend from our street have been digging holes. They started out at the friend's house but I asked them to move across the street where no one lived....because I wasn't sure Wesley's mom would want a hole in her backyard. They worked on one of the holes for 2 days(the one Nate's is standing in). Then Sophia asked for some seeds. We found some old squash seeds and she happily took them down to the holes along with a limb from our rose bush(the one that will grow if you put one of its limbs in the ground...the only kind we can successfully grow!). Sophia LOVES to plant!! Then she came back for a watering can and some plant food(the blue jug). It was so funny to see them out digging. Today they told me if they had some cement the holes were going to be a swimming pool. I remember having those kinds of dreams!







2 comments:

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

I remember digging holes in our backyard. Man, it was so much fun! And I remember feeling like I had really accomplished something looking at the huge whole I created. My mom probably wasn't so excited, lol. They look so cute!

Granny's Blog said...

Weathermen and ditch diggers, what a contrast. Glad they had fun. Glad Sophia likes to plant. A good garden will help with the grocery bill this summer. good post, M.K. I love you more than I do alligators!