Wednesday, February 27, 2008

How sweet.....

This is the card Nate made for Richard and I on Valentine's Day. We were both deeply touch by his sentiment! This is from the child who only says "I love you" about 2 times a month. He gives hugs -no kisses. Just not the overly affectionate type like Sophia. He can be so loving a sweet when he wants!!


Then the next week he gets to write something not so sweet. He has a folder the teacher sends home each day with their behavior indicated by a color. Green means they were good all day. If they are asked 3 times to stop a behavior they move their clip to yellow, then orange(each move has another consequence) and finally red. The teacher circles the color they were on that day and then we sign the folder and return it. I love being able to communicate with his teacher in this way. So last week he gets on ORANGE! I couldn't believe it! I ask him what happened and he wouldn't tell me. So I get his folder out and she said "Nate got hooked on the word 'butt-fart' and wouldn't stop saying it". I first wanted to laugh but didn't because this was a serious matter! I let him know I was dissappointed and asked for more details about the day. Some other friend at school started saying it and then Nate and another boy just kept it going. They all got their clip moved! Boys!


I didn't know what to do...what to do....wash his mouth out with soap? Then I remembered reading on a blog how a mother handled her children't foul mouths. She said if they like using the swear word so much then they could spend a lot of time with it. So she would make them write the word they were saying 500 times. I thought that might be good for Nate....but I only had him write it 100 times. He was frustrated at first but kept going and then was proud of himself for finishing....not sure if that was the feeling I was going for! I am proud that he followed through with an assignment though. I sure hope he didn't brag at school to his friends how he wrote that word 100 times! Oh well....



I I was going to post this last week and make the title "what does 100 'butt-fart' 's look like?"....so have you ever wondered that? now you know!





7 comments:

Natalie said...

The Valentine is cute :) And the other is really funny! My nephew (ha, I have nephews!) told me that when he says something "naughty" his mom uses "hot spicy stuff" ...upon further investigation I learned she brushes their tounge with grown-up toothpaste (not their bubble gum flavored stuff they're used to). I don't know how effective it is, but it seems a little more humane than soap.

Granny's Blog said...

Soap! Good old fashioned soap! I washed your sister's mouth out with it once, but before I did I tasted it myself. YUCK! Bad news! Don't know if it worked or not!

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

So sweet that he made the Valentine!
You covered it all with just one word...boys! They are fun aren't they, lol!

The Walker Family said...

buttfartbuttfartbuttfartbuttfartbuttfartbuttfartbuttfartbuttfartbuttfartbuttfartbuttfartbuttrfart-Hey, this is sorda fun! buttfartbuttfartbuttfart............

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a good laugh early in the morning! I think I will be chuckling all day! :)

Laine said...

I totally laughed out loud at this! :) Another one is, "Nothing sweet coming out of your mouth, then nothing sweet goes in!"

Laine said...

I totally laughed out loud at this! :) Another one is, "Nothing sweet coming out of your mouth, then nothing sweet goes in!"