Sunday, July 27, 2008

Space and Rocket Center

Another fun thing we did while at my parent's house was visit the Space and Rocket Center. Sophia loves science so she had a blast. Nate enjoyed himself also. This is where we would take field trips in elementary school. Not much had changed but they did add this museum. I find it so amazing that they can get these rockets into space!

Not sure how rock climbing is science-related but Sophia had fun nonetheless!


Nate really was enjoying himself....but he couldnt' let anyone know it! I was encouraging him to ride this with Sophia and I said " go ahead! you will enjoy it" which immediately
made him determined to NOT enjoy it!!
This was the baby version of the Space Shot...which simulates weighlessness. I did ride that 10 years ago....but can't do it anymore! Sure wish Richard was with us because the kids would have done it with him! There also is a cool centrifuge ride that spins you around so fast that you lift off the ground...just seeing the ride made me nauseated! I hated that Fia and Nate couldn't experience that one either!!

They had these cool science experiments in one exihibit.


This is what a bathroom looks like on the space station...


Nate the Astronaut!

I looked into the Space Camp program for Sophia but she is too young this year. I want her to attend when she is 10 though....she would LOVE it!


1 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

That was a fun trip, wasn't it!