Sunday, July 13, 2008

Before and After

Here are some before and after pictures of the kitchen. This was taken right before the countertop people arrived to rip out our old yucky ones. I never noticed that we had all these outlets before! When we had our house built the fridge was where the dishwasher (see pic below)and the dishwasher was crammed in the corner to the left. One of our first kitchen re-do's was to move the fridge over to where it is in the top picture. Then we had the corner areas of our cabinets opened into cabinet space! It was so lovely to have all that room!

Here is our old sink. Since I knew we were getting a new one I didn't take any precautions when rinsing my tools from doing the floor tile.

Grout doesn't come out after it has dried!
Ahhhhh....our new faucet and sink!
We were very, very careful what we rinsed in this new shiny sink!

Here is the tile I used for the backsplash. I sorta wish I had tiled all the way up to the cabinets....but after I got this far I was glad to be done! The grout is the hardest part!
Richard painted the whole kitchen(he is the painter in the family) this beautiful red color which is the same one over our fireplace(we did re-paint the yellow with a beige....boring I know!)

4 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

Nice posts! I love beige. It's a neutral color and everything goes with it. Now, your won't have to get a new yellow couch to match the yellow walls-Hardy har-har!

Rebecca said...

I like the kitchen!! Great job!

Natalie said...

Looks good! I'm excited to see it all in real life in a few months!

Chris said...

It looks terrific. I love the faucets & tile & new countertops. Some day... I hope to put in granite or corian counter tops or something like that. Just so many other things going on right now that seem to be calling for the $$--like a daughter getting married! That's ok, that will last for eternity, new counter tops certainly won't! Wait, I think granite is pretty durable...hmmm.