Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New paint....having doubts

You know all those paint chips and brochures you can pick up at Home Depot? Richard loves to collect them when we are looking for paint. I tell him we don't need so many but his reply is always "well they are free". We hardly ever find a combination of paints in one of those brochures that will work for us but this time we were excited to find these colors together and decided to go with it!
I am so thankful Richard loves to paint because it isn't something I enjoy. I much rather do the floor and will start on our kitchen backsplash soon which is exciting to me....anyway...I am grateful at how hard he works to get our house painted and looking good!
He has spent the last 2 evenings on this wall and on the kitchen(it is the same red). We love the red but when we got the yellow up it was a little bright! But that could be because we have lived with beige or khaki walls forever. I love color but this really doesn't go with our decorations either. It is growing on me though and will definately take some getting use to. It is a bold color combination...we just don't have the bold furniture to match. I guess we have to go shopping for more:) in my dreams!

6 comments:

Jordan said...

You could paint the yellow part brown???

I'm excited for all your new renovations! How fun!

The Walker Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Walker Family said...

Yes I removed my first comment-I love the colors! The tv will look great once it's oln the mantle!

the Villamor's said...

The color is looking better and the couch will look OK with the yellow. I thought about painting it a brown but I dont' think Richard wants to paint it anymore!!

Granny's Blog said...

The "yellow" looks like a dark beige in the picture. Red overwhelms all colors, I believe. Then again, I don't know much about colors...It will grow on you and you will get used to it, especially when you get a new couch to match the walls, har-de-har-har!! How about a new couch cover! That wouldn't cost as much and would look good.

Rebecca said...

I like it!!