Sunday, June 22, 2008

Saturday fun

Last year we just happened to be downtown while the Georgia Cup was in town. We walked around the fountain and saw the men race their bikes around the streets of LaGrange(they blocked off about one city block and the racers were just going around in a circle). It was so cool to see them going so fast in the pack! What if one crashed??!! That would be some serious road burn!


Anyway....so when I heard they were coming this weekend I was excited to watch the races again....especially since I teach the spinning classes (RPM)...although we pedal and pedal in those classes and never get anywhere:)


So we started off our day with me going to the gym and then we stopped off at Charlie Joseph's for lunch. They are famous for their hot dogs....but I think ballpark's are better! They are in their 5th generation so they must be doing something right?! Then we walked over to watch the races....the races started at noon and lasted until 9pm. There were different groups at different times-youth, women, men, etc. After watching for a while we headed over to the other booths and such the city had set-up for the spectators. One of the favorites for the kids was The Happy Dragon booth with some reptiles.

They had a ball python....looked just like this one! Very friendly. It even changed my mind about snakes...although if i see one in my yard I will still run! The kids went back to that booth a couple of times and were begging to bring a snake home! No way!!

They also had these bearded dragons that were cool. I asked them if they were social. They said they were and that they would "cuddle" with you...I guess as much as a spiky lizard could?? I will stick with my dog thanks.

Then we headed over to the face/body painting booth with Ms. Bobbie-the lady who use to paint faces at Chick-fil-a on family night. She is so good! Nate got this scary looking snake with "boy glitter":) I tried to get him to have a pink butterfly but he wouldn't have any part in that! not my macho Nate!


Then he got the sign for Auburn. Sorry Granny....I know Lisa will like it though!









Sophia got these pretty flowers painted on her face and the blue heart with red ribbons to show her American pride!















It was a fun-but HOT- Saturday....and the best part was the price. All this for FREE! They even had a huge blow-up-bouncy thing but it was too hot to play on that much....too bad because it looked like so much fun! It wasn't crowded but I wonder how much it was advertised?? I look forward to attending next year.

6 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

What a fun day for the whole family!

Lisa said...

Way to go Nate! I'm proud of you. Wesley and Patrick are too! Great addition to the Auburn Tiger fan club! War Eagle!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Sorry about the deleted comment! You know I have a hard time using this!

Anonymous said...

War Eagle! :) That sounds like so much fun! Nate looks like a real tough guy with his 'tatoo'!

The Walker Family said...

sound like you ahd a great time! While you were having fun with your fmaily, I was in the van driving almost to VA picking up the boys from scout camp! TJ