Wednesday, June 11, 2008

TV sucking out brain

(Trudy-could you twist a pic of Fia and Nate like this for me??)



Last night Fia and Nate were sitting on the couch, eyes glazed and fixed on an episode of "Tom and Jerry". I started making this sucking noise with my mouth.

me: Hey....did you hear that? (i had to repeat myself a couple of times to get their attention)
me: sucking noise again
me: Do you know what that is?

Fia and Nate: ... blank stares...

me: That is the sound of the TV sucking your brains out. That is what happens when you watch too much TV.

Now Fia wasn't phased but she did crack a smile. Nate had a look of confusion and then worry. He grabbed his head and asked me "is that true?" Of course I had to play into his gullibility so i said "it sure is" followed by the sucking noise again:) Then he started to confess that he wasn't watching that much TV today but he did play his game cube some also. I started laughing(usually the cue that Mom is joking) but he was still a little worried and started asking me if his brain was actually shrinking....the whole time "feeling" his head to see if he could feel his brain's size:)

Then this morning Nate was lying on my bed watching TV and I was in the bathroom fixing my hair. I did the noise again and he smiled but then had to ask me "is my brain really shrinking?" just to get my reassurance that I was in fact teasing.

I love this age! they are so gullible!
But I heard this morning on the news that they were taking "gullible" out of the dictionary??

3 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

Tell me it isn't true, Margaret! Not "gullible". That's such a great word. What would we use in it's stead? I can think on one that I cant spell, naieve? Simple minded. No, that won't work. I must be gullible!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! There are certain show that when I watch them, I can feel my brain shrinking! :)

Amanda said...

HILLARIOUS!!! I hope my kids will be gullible.