Friday, June 27, 2008

20 years

I just got tagged by Shanna and since this was a specific tag I thought I would actually do it:) Plus I have lots to do in the house and this is the perfect excuse to avoid the work! ha!

20 years ago...
1. I was 13 years old and going to start the 8th grade.
2. I had an awful bike wreck. (see #4)
3. I started my period....sorry can't remember much from that long ago!
4. I am sure I was playing summer softball
5. I probably had really short hair.

10 years ago...
1. We were married for 3 years
2. We took a vacation to Washington DC-our first where we didn't know anyone in the city. We thought it was so cool that we could get around all by ourselves!
3. We just moved to LaGrange, Ga.
4. I just graduated from Georgia College & State University with a degree in Early Childhood Education.
5. We were starting the process to figure out why we couldn't have children. If we had it our way we would have already had a 3 year old:)

5 years ago...
1. I was teaching preschool to Sophia and her friend Sarah 2 days a week.
2. Sophia was 3 and Nate had just turned 1. He joined our family November of the previous year(at 10 months old). I held him all of this year....poor thing had serious anxiety issues.
3. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer.
4. I was the Young Women president at church.
5. We took a vacation to Disney and had a BLAST!

3 years ago...
1. We celebrated our 10 year anniversary.
2. Sophia was getting ready to start K. On the first day of school I brought her to class and she waltzed right in without saying good-bye. I remember standing there thinking "what....i guess I leave now...". I had to call her name so she would see me saying good-bye!
3. We traveled to the hills of Virginia with some friends to make apple butter. Every fall their family gets together and make apple butter only using apples, sugar and cinnamon. After making the applesauce they boil and stir the sauce in a copper kettle 11 hours. They still use the same wooden paddle that their grandfather used. That was a great trip...such beautiful country up there!
4. Sophia played soccer.
5. We toyed around with the idea of adopting 2 children from the Philippines.

1 year ago...
1. I opened Learning Adventures Preschool in our playroom(which use to be the garage).
2. My sister and I went to Natalie's wedding in UT. It was Trudy's second ever plane ride and our first(and hopefully not last) trip...just the 2 of us. It.was.so.fun! Natalie's sister Jordan is getting married in August I sure wish we could take another trip to UT together!!
3. After meeting my new neice-- who was just adopted from the Philippines at age 3-- I REALLY wanted to adopt again. I spent one evening scouring the international waiting children lists and dreaming of adopting again. When I mentioned it to Richard he said "No" but I knew if it was meant to be it would happen. In my prayers that night I asked if we should adopt again please let me know(because at that moment I was just caught up in the emotions of looking at all the waiting children!!). The next morning I knew for sure that we were not to adopt again. I was a little sad but then happy because I had received such a clear answer from Heavenly Father. I don't know if that means we will never adopt again but for now we are complete.
4. Richard changed jobs. He worked for the hospital for 9 years and then moved to Amedysis...all in home health.
5. We enjoyed such a wonderful visit from Sophia's birthparents. They flew in from California to be here when she was baptized(November 07). There are not words to describe the bond we have with this amazing couple.

So far this year....
1. We added onto our kitchen, got granite counter tops, Richard painted the majority of the house, and I tiled the kitchen floor.
2. I finished my first year with my preschool and look forward to the fall!
3. I stopped scrapbooking and now make digital picture books and blog instead:)
4. I took the training to become a RPM instructor.
5. I ran a 10K.

Yesterday...
1. We vegged out at home while Sophia recouperated from her sickness.
2. I taught a RPM class at 6pm and then took Body Pump. (i love exercise!)
3. While my family was away at Wal-Mart I thought how nice it was to be alone!
4. Stained the pantry-cabinet for my kitchen.
5. Washed, folded and put away 2 loads of laundry! wahoo....loads of fun here!

Today...
1. Went to Columbus to take Sophia and the other Activity Days girls to their day camp.
2. While the girls were at their activity i went shopping!! i got a new bathing suit and some cool skirts! I haven't been shopping in soooo long!
3. Went to Sam's and bought lots and lots of stuff that is still sitting by the door waiting to be put away...but i can't until I finish this post!
4. I went to the gym this morning and rode the elliptical while listening to the new music for the next RPM release. They have the best music.
5. Was asked by my brother if I could come help with their 4 kids while he has neck surgery on the 7th. So I will be heading to Knoxville, TN then.

Tomorrow....
1. Sleep in.
2. Do some sort of exercise:) did I mention I love to exercise!
3. I want to go to Stone Mountain to use our season passes before they expire this month but Richard wants to stay home...ugh! Maybe we can go to Callaway Gardens instead....I really want to go swimming too!
4. Richard and I are going on a date in the evening!
5. Since I finally have my pantry ready I can get my kitchen totally put back together!!

Next year....
1. Get passports and visit the Philippines. We have had "plans" to do this for YEARS but this time we are really doing it!
2. I want to have my blog printed .
3. Learn Tagalog(national language of the Philippines)....or at least some words so i can tell when they are talking about me....wait I already know that!
4. Maybe do some new landscaping....our yard needs help!
5. Hopefully not be so busy we forget to enjoy the small moments in life!

Hmmmm....I tag Natalie, Trudy, and Corley

3 comments:

Natalie said...

That blog book printing thing is cool---I started copying our posts into the digital scrapbook software, but having it done automatically sounds great! And I can't believe it was 10 years ago that you moved to LG. I'm so glad you did!

Granny's Blog said...

I enjoyed reading your post!

Anonymous said...

That was so fun to read!! Let me know if you want to meet one day at Stone Mountain before your passes expire... we went there yesterday! Be glad you didn't go- the storm knocked out the power, and most of the stuff was closed.