Thursday, May 1, 2008

103 things

I started this list to be a "33 things about me on my 33rd birthday" but then thought it would be better to do "100 things about me in honor of the 100th post" but I missed the 100th post....so here is "103 things about me or my family that you didn't know but wish you did"
hardy har har


1. I opened Learning Adventures Preschool last year and love teaching little children!
2. I got my bachelor's degree from Georgia College and State University June 1998.
3. I went to the same school K-12. There were 49 in my graduating class and I had been in the same school since K with about half of them!
4. I had a bicycle wreck when I was 13. I saw the pothole and blacked out. The next thing I remember was running after my screaming friend and not being able to feel my front teeth. Since I blacked out I didnt' put my hands forward to catch my fall which caused my face to catch my fall:)
5. I had asphalt on my front teeth from the wreck.
6. I didn't lose any teeth in that bike wreck.
7. That was before helmets were strongly encouraged!
8. The date was April 13th-the season premiere of the show "Double Dare" on Nickelodean.
9. My mom said my face looked like hamburger meat when she saw me in the emergency room.
10. I have a scar running down the length of my nose and underneath but I won't talk anymore about this because i am sure you don't want to know anymore!
11. I love teaching preschool....did I say that already?
12. My brother and I have the same birthday. He is 38 and I am 20....ha! I am 5 years younger than he.
13. I have one sister(who always got money on our birthdays too!)
14. I have 2 children. They are both adopted.
15. I met Richard when I was 19 and got engaged on my 20th birthday!
16. I think 20 year olds are too young to get married;)
17. My parents still live in the same house that they built in 1980.
18. My bedroom was in the hallway. Most of my walls were made from bedsheets hanging from the unfinished ceiling in the basement.
19. I was scared someone was going to come in through the basement door and kill me first because I was the first person you would see.
20. We had a garden growing up every year and I HATED it. I have had 2 gardens while at this house and have LOVED each one!
21. I am a Mormon.
22. My family is the most important thing in my life!
23. Sophia's birthparents came for a visit last November. That was a WONDERFUL time. They are my heroes!
24. I love to hike and travel.
25. I love to camp.
26. I love to exercise.
27. I just took the training to become an RPM instructor at the gym.
28. My favorite season is the Fall.
29. I love Diet Coke.
30. I teach seminary and love it too.
31. I am a morning person.
32. My favorite band is Sting and the Police.
33. When we were growing up my parents wouldn't let us watch TV during the week...except The Cosby Show on Thursday nights followed by that show with Michael J. Fox...can't remember the name.
34. I use to own all the Cosby show episodes on VCR tape that my dad had recorded.
35. I use to love the show "V"....anyone remember that?
36. I don't have time to watch TV now but when I do I like Wife Swap and Bizarre Foods.
37. Richard is from the Philippines:)
38. I love to cook Filipino food.
39. Richard was the first boy I kissed.
40. I have never been pregnant but have wanted to be!
41. This is very hard to think of 100 things about yourself!

42. We have added onto our house 3 times.

43. Cricket-our toy poodle-will be 13 this year.

44. She was our first "baby"....although Richard hated when I would say "would you yell at our children like you do Cricket?":)

45. We want to visit the Philippines in 2010.

46. In 2005 we planned to visit the Philippines in 2008....it ain't happin'!

47. We own 3 cars.

48. My favorite resturant is one with good food and good service and one where I dont' have to fix anyone's food. Ruby Tuesday and Olive Garden are 2 of my favorites I guess...oh and Hog Heaven.
49. We have lived in LaGrange for almost 10 years.
50. We think we will live in LaGrange forever.
51. I want to serve missions for our church when we retire....would love to go to the Philippines and teach little children English.
52. I would love to adopt from the Philippines.
53. I think our family is complete though.
54. I love teaching preschool....
55. My sister is my best friend...next to Richard of course.
56. My mother always told me not to disturb the dust bunnies.
57. Sophia's chore is dusting...since I am very obedient and can't disturb those dust bunnies.
58. Our favorite family activity is watching movies together at home on our projector.
59. We also love to camp.
60. Nate was adopted at 10.5 months.
61. I held Nate for the first 12 months...literally.
62. Nate's birthmom is also one of my heroes. I wish I could hug her again.
63. My Dad is 95%bedridden with Adult Stills Disease-a form of rheumatoid arthritis.
64. When we were growing up my Dad use to sign my school papers with funny names like "Bolivar Shagnastynasty" or "Snidley Whiplash"
65. My Dad's favority artist was Ray Stevens so we listened to those songs a lot.
66. My grandmother lived in Florida and that is where we vacationed every summer.
67. Most of the people in my school had never been to the beach....I went every year:) But had to endure 13 hours in the car with my brother and sister to get there!
68. I love cake with icing....preferrable coconut cake but I also love cake with cream cheese frosting....I just love cake
69. I want to visit New York City again.
70. I love to shop at thrift stores.
71. I love to read children's books.
72. We bought our first computer in 1996 for $3000.
73. My second toe is longer than my big toe.
74. I just realized that these are supposed to be facts about ME but I don't think I could come up with 100 facts about me unless they were useless like #73 and 75.
75. I had my ingrown toenails removed when I was a senior in highschool.
76. I was the drum major for 2 years. It was SOOOO much fun.
77. I played in the jazz band for 2 years in college. It paid for my tuition and was SOOOO fun!
78. I wish I was an accomplished musician.
79. I am only 60 inches tall....did I put that down already?
80. I am taller than my mother....who is shrinking.
81. My mother-in-law is shorter than me also. My eight year old neighbor is taller than me already!
82. I couldn't wait until I was old enough to babysit.
83. I love watching my children grow up.
84. I hate that my children are growing up too fast.
85. I want to learn another language....which will be Tagalog so I can talk to my in-laws....well so at least I can understand them when they speak that language....because they speak another one as well.
86. I like to do this....alot....
87. I love to talk about adoption.
88. I have never gotten into a fist fight.
89. I have watched someone die before.
90. I love RPM class.
91. I am on the Advisory Board for LDS Family Services. It sounds impressive but it really isn't....although it will look good on a resume!
92. I hope I never need a resume!
93. I would love to go back to school and get my masters degree in Montessori Education.
94. I would also love to get a masters in social work and help facilitate adoptions.
95. I will not go back to school until the kids are grown!
96. I am certified in CPR and I hope I never have to use it.
97. I have a lighted EXIT sign in my house.
98. I use super glue a lot. My glasses are being held together right now by superglue.
99. Richard and I will be married for 13 years this June....and it just gets better.
100. My children don't know how to ride bikes....yet....see I like to put the dots...
101. You must really be bored to have read all of this...
102. I love to take afternoon naps!
103. I love visiting with my family!

7 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

And I think you like to type and post when you are in the mood!

Corley said...

you are hilarious...and I love you. I just got done telling my husband all about how funny you were and what a great time we had at camp together. Remember that? It seems so long ago now! Oh, how I miss those days!!!

Chris said...

I think information like # 73 is very important stuff! I always tell my family if they ever have to identify me--my left big toe has a little mole on the tip of it :) -ha (I guess that could be a gruesome thought, eh? sorry about that) At least we'll know to look for a longer second toe for you ;)

Kelly said...

I believe the Michael J. Fox show in question is Family Ties? And I do vaguely remember V!
I loved finding out all the info on you!!!

The Walker Family said...

I tried to do 100 things about me, but couldn't make it over 50 or so. I;ll have to think harder and see what I can come up with. If I can count that my second toe is longer than my big toe, than I should be able to make it to 100 too! lol

TheVillamorFamily said...

Granny- yes the mood hits me and I can go on and on and on and on! You aren't complaining are you???? hardy har har!!

Corley--yes I remember camp! Those were such fun times!!

Chris-good to know about your mole! ha!

Kelly-that's right!! Family Ties! Wish we had good shows like that to watch now-a-days!

TJ-I had this list saved as a draft for at least a month and I would add to it....and as you can see I didn't just come up with things about myself!

mama-looks like I was in the mood to type again because I never comment about comments!:)

Laine said...

I loved the show V!! And I loved reading this post! How fun. :)