Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Birthmother's Day!

Today is Birthmother's Day and chances are you don't know many birthmothers....if any at all. I didn't know any until Cheryl and Joy blessed us with our children. For so many years I was uneducated about birthmothers and their pain. I just wanted "my" baby and did not appreciate what they had done to make me a mother. Over the years I began to understand and feel their pain. A deep, deep appreciation for them grew and I feel I will never be able to repay them for what they did to make me a mother. When i think of my heroes I always think of them-and the birthfathers. We are very lucky to still have contact with Sophia's birthparents and hope one day to see Joy again.

So Happy Birthmother's Day to all those heroes out there!

1 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

Those were sweet comments. Maybe, some day, the birth mothers will try to understand the way you feel toward them. I'm sure they are glad that you are being such a good mother to the children, your children.