Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Ahhh....another Mother's Day has come and almost gone. I just wanted to write something about what my Mother-Joann Palmer White Layton has taught me.

She taught us the beauty of nature and to slow down and enjoy what is around you.

She taught us how to love and take care of your spouse. My dad has been sick my whole life. He had to retire at 42 and now is 95% bedridden with a form of Rheumatoid Arthritis. My mom takes great care of him...even getting tough if need be! ha! It is hard to be the primary caregiver but Granny rarely complains.


Another thing she taught me was naps are an important part of life and it is alright to eat in bed:) Hardy har har...she also taught me that phrase and I like to use it alot!

She taught us how to have fun.....


And to throw caution to the wind when needed!

Can you tell where I get my craziness from?

There were many times Mama was the life of the party with her costumes! I wish this picture didnt' come out so blurry....but it is clear in the scrapbook. I have one memory of a church talent show. i was going to play my clarinet and Mama was my accompanist on the piano. Before I was to preform she did a skit where she was this accomplished concert pianist. She had this mask/wig of orange hair. She comes out all proper and introduces her self and instead of gloves on her hands she has socks. When she started playing with the socks on her hands you can guess what it sounded like. She would try to play the first notes and stop and exclaim something like "what is wrong!" in a funny accent. She had the whole place in stitches. After her preformance it was my turn to play....but the problem was I couldn't stop laughing! And it didn't help that she kept that dumb wig on! I would get composure, she would start playing the introduction to my piece and then I would start giggling and wouldn't come in at the right spot....she would keep playing the intro over and over looking at me over her glasses very dispprovingly....in her funny way. I still chuckle to myself when I think of that! Too bad we don't have a picture of that one, huh, Mama!


She also taught us about the Savior through her example and through her service to others. I am so glad I was blessed with a great mother and that my children have such a great Granny!

I hope I can be a great mother like mine.....but with cute kids like this...who could go wrong! ha! I sure love this picture and thought I would throw it in at the end. I am a very blessed mother!

4 comments:

The Walker Family said...

What a beautiful blog MK! Ditto for me!

Chris said...

What a hillarious picture of your Mom and the meat. Craziness does run thick in your family-haaa

the Villamor's said...

My favorite one is of her on the carosel....and it was much funnier in person(like that Grammar!)

Granny's Blog said...

I'm sorry you didn't get my 1st post. I wonder where it went? I was pleased and humbled by your words and pictures. It' is good to have children who are vocal in their praise of their parents. Thank you for all your love and attention.