Thursday, May 8, 2008

Drywall!

It is really taking shape now with the drywall in place. This is a view from where the kitchentable will be looking into the existing kitchen. The drywall guys came out last night at 6:30 and worked until 10pm. They were so fast! the only problem was they had to take down the plastic sheet to do the ceiling....so now there is a nice thin layer of dust all over!! Guess I will have to break out the swiffer! I dont' want the dust bunnies growing again!
(and for those who were worried....those dust bunnies were hidden in the back of my nightstand....when I sent Fia in there to dust she didnt' even see them:) my house isn't THAT dusty:)


This is still in the kitchen area where the table will be looking into the sunroom. This is going to be a cased opening. Where that black floor lamp stands is the doorway to the extra room.
And here is the shot of the area where the table will be. I was standing in the kitchen taking this one. It is a lot bigger than I thought it would be!!





5 comments:

The Walker Family said...

It looks great! I would have a double scrapbook room if it were my house. Hopefully we will be able to add a sunroom this summer after putting in our hardwood floors in the bedrooms and enclosing the garage, that is if there is any $ left!

Chris said...

Wow, I can't believe how fast that addition went up! I missed checking your blog for a day or two, & bam, you have walls, roof, ceiling, drywall, doors... We need to come over there to see it. Well, you can have a big movie night in your home theatre & invite everyone over. :) The mess & dust will all be worth it in a few days.

Granny's Blog said...

It will be so nice when it's all over. Be sure to increase your home owner's insurance to cover the cost of the extra rooms! (I would have to be practical, wouldn't I...but that's what mothers are for!).

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome! I know it feels great to see it come together!

Kelly said...

I love the little construction workers in your pictures! I can't wait to see the finished product!!!