Thursday, August 7, 2008

And they're OFF!

Today the kids left very eagerly for their first day of school! Of course....like everyone else says....this summer went by so fast! I think we say that every year:)

Sophia will be in the 3rd grade...gasp...that sounds OLD! She was VERY excited to get our good friend (and neighbor) Ms. Modling as her teacher. Ms. Modling was VERY excited to get Sophia too;). She was so cute this morning-waiting with great anticipation and butterflies in her stomach!

Nate will be in 1st grade and although he didn't get in a class with most of his friends when someone asked him if he was excited about this year he nodded. Whew! I was a *little* worried . He had such a great teacher last year....someone who knew how to work with his personality so I am a little worried....but we will just roll with the punches...but hopefully it won't be Nate punching!










Richard wasn't able to attend the "Meet the Teacher" day on Tuesday so he walked them into class this morning to see where they would be, meet Nate's teacher, etc. I called him around 8am to see how they did. He told me how he was helping Nate get settled in his class....helped him put away his things and with the work he had on his desk. Then Nate put his head down on his desk. I got this sinking feeling in my stomach thinking Nate was scared or nervous!!
Richard: Nate-what is wrong?
Nate: What are you still doing here? Don't you have to go to work?
They are going to have a good year!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

How funny is Nate!!!! That sounds like something Jessica would say!! Glad your first day went as well as ours! I guess we'll find out more when she comes home!

Natalie said...

Hahahahah! Funny kid, that Nate. 3rd grade is so old! That was the highlight of my schooling career.

Rachel @ The Little Blue Room said...

I totally understand your gasp...that sounds old! My oldest, Aryn, started middle school this year...faint! Glad they had a good first day!

The Walker Family said...

I love your title! BEfore you know it, you'll have one in high school and the other in middle school-like me! what happended to those days when I would spend a week with you and the kids palying together whenever we wanted to? How dare the government make a law to send kids to school to learn and give the parents a sanity break!

Granny's Blog said...

Nate just wanted to be "grown up" and couldn't because Daddy was there!