Thursday, August 14, 2008

Peanut-Peanut Butter....

and Jelly...anyone remember that song from Girl Scouts??



I have never had a craving for some type of food to where I eat it everyday. My sister was on a Blue Bell ice cream kick for a while and then it changed to sloppy joe's:)--sound like yummy kicks to be on. Recently I have developed a love/need for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. They are best on white bread and lots of jelly but tortillas are good also! Strawberry jam is good but I think grape is the best....especially when it is oozing out the middle. Some days I will eat a PB&J for breakfast and then have one for lunch. I especially like them on days that I would exercise before breakfast probably because of the protein in them....but man they taste so good to me for some reason!

I remember this being one of my favorites as a child and my mom cutting them into triangles:) The weird thing is my children don't really care for them. I thought all children loved PB&J...like it is just part of childhood....but I guess for some it is an aquired taste. Sophia is coming around and has been taking it in her lunch so far this year.

To here is to PB&J!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER!!!!! I love to dig in with a spoon to a freshly opened jar of pb. My mom said that I grew up on pb and chicken noodle soup and I still eat it quite often. I'm into the "everything taste better with pb" way of thinking. I don't like jelly though. I really like a pb sandwich with dill pickle chips!! Seriously!!

the Villamor's said...

I need to try it with pickle chips....hmmmm....

I also love to eat it out of a jar...espcially the extra crunchy kind!

Granny's Blog said...

I still love pb at 65! We get the natural kind that has the oil on top and you have to stir it up before you eat it. We then put it in the refrigerator and it gets hard as fudge! Peanut butter fudge without the chocolate. Hmmmmm...I want the chocolate too!

Kelly said...

The only reason I'm alive today is because of PB&J! I would have starved while growing up - I would take a sandwich every single day! My kids have the same love, but Jessica doesn't like Jelly (!?!?!?). Instead she's picked up my husband's favorite - PB, butter and American cheese! Yuck!

TheVillamorFamily said...

Kelly-

I thought of Toddy when I was writing this post because of the way he eats(or use to?) his....diving right in the middle and when he was done he had grape jelly from ear to ear!

I knew another kid that liked butter with hers....but I have never heard of cheese with it....maybe you can add some pickle chips like Lisa!

Laine said...

Oh my, I love pb&J's too...I could eat 5 at a crack, yes that's how much I like them. We are twins! :)