Thursday, August 14, 2008

Welcome Back!!

This year I developed lactose intolerance....again. In the beginning it was VERY hard and I missed ice cream, pizza, cheese, yogurt, etc. etc. etc. I would cheat and pay the price....so eventually I grew an aversion to the pain and did not crave that stuff at all! The lactaid tablets helped but only when I took 3x the recommended dose...and since those are expensive I just said good-bye to dairy for now.


One thing I have missed the most is cold cereal. I LOVE eating cereal(preferrably the sugary kind;)) with cold milk! I just couldn't get past that craving. When my neice was visiting last month she was drinking Rice Milk because of her lactose intolerace. Why I didn't catch on right then I will never know....I guess in my brain anything with "milk" in the title was OUT! But later I got to thinking....hmmmmm maybe I can drink that! So I bought some and.....
welcome back cereal for breakfast and bedtime snack and lunch and sometimes dinner if I want!! Wahoo!


The 'milk' (can you really get milk from rice??) is a grey color so I am not sure I want to drink it plain....but it works great with cereal!! I am so happy in the mornings now that I have other options for breakfast!

3 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

Huray for you! There are some things that you should be able to eat regardless of the consequences! I've drunk milk (regular and powdered) all my life. In fact, I remember when milk was delivered and it had the cream on top and we would shake the bottle to mix it up before we drank it. Yum! It was pasturised but not harmonized.

Lehmann Adventures...... said...

when adam came back from iraq the first time, he had developed intolerence to dairy but we discovered (after numerous tries and failures) that the organic milk didnt bother him at all. yes its expensive, but its got this smooth taste and I think (if possible) tastes way better than regular milk!

Pittman Four said...

Hey...I have to tell you that every once in a while a sneak a look at you blog. I'm actually allergic to dairy and suffer sometimes too. There is a great icecream that is not dairy.
It's sometimes hard to find.
I only like the chocolate flavor.
But I think the name is Tofutti and its dairy free.

I'm telling you the chocolate was great.

by the way this is Kimberly Pittman...