Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Random happenings....

(here is another post that has sat in my draft box for a few weeks....)

So the summer vacation is officially O.V.E.R. I am really OK with this since we have had the best summer yet. I didn't babysit so that gave us lots and lots of free time to go and do what we wanted...and we went and did a lot! THe beginning of the summer we spent 3 weeks in the Philippines. When we returned we spent the next week getting over jet lag and then went to water parks, camping, more water parks, movies, etc. We did a lot of our excursions on MOndays since that is Richard's off day. It was fun to include him in our activities.


Now school has started. I am really looking forward to a great year. Nate has the same 2nd grade teacher that SOphia had. She is a no-nonsense kind of teacher and was excited to see another Villamor. I asked about her discipline policy since we need daily accountability to keep on track. She said she understands since she raised 2 boys herself! Whew. Nate has come a LONG way from his days in PreK and his behavior continues to improve...or his self-control I should say. He did have a little anxiety when RIchard dropped him off at his class...but who wouldnt'! I cried very hard when I was dropped off for 2nd grade. Mrs. Lamoray had to hold me back while Mama left. THe next day I faked sick so I could stay home!


SOphia has a great teacher and this year will change classes and see all the 4th grade teachers. She also has a lot of her buddies in her class which will be so fun for her. She came home Friday saying she has the BEST teacher and that this was going to be a great year. WHen I told Lisa Modling her comment, she quickly corrected her because her 3rd grade teacher was the Best:) Of course she was her 3rd grade teacher and the BEST. I guess it is safe to say Mrs. Tanner will be the best 4th grade teacher;)

UPDATE: so we are still having a great start to the school year. so there really isn't an update to give:)

1 comments:

Chris said...

What??? Your mother fell for the "I don't feel good" trick so you didn't have to go to school? Mine did too ;)
Glad the school year is starting off great for Nate & Sophia.