Friday, December 28, 2007

A face only a mother could love....



I don't remember how old I was when my mom made this doll for me....probably 4 but this was a favorite toy! My mother took some of my old clothes and stuffed them, added a carefully crafted head(snicker, snicker) and arms and even feet made from my socks to create this fun playmate! Who needs a lifesize barbie when you have.....just what would you call this??? ha! I don't think I named her but she did play football. I remember putting the black paint? (whatever that stuff is athletes put under their eyes) under her eyes. She didn't make the team but i still loved her!


Now the question is what becomes of her now? I think I will pack her up and send her to someone....no....that might be weird:) Maybe it is time to say good-bye. We threw her up in the attic but she somehow made it down(must have wrestled with that spider, huh Mom?) and now I am contemplating just tossing her....but that doesn't feel right either.


But my motto has always been "When in doubt, throw it out" so I guess it is time to say good-bye!

4 comments:

The Walker Family said...

I will support any decision you make. I sure will miss her, I mean, it. She was there when you needed it,um, her, uh thing. Close your eyes and chunk!

the Villamor's said...

Too bad she didnt' have a name Trudy! Must not have loved her that much to not give her a name! ha! Can't wait to see what Mama comments about that post:) Remember when we mentioned mailing it to her...maybe I will still do that:)

Unknown said...

What a sweet thing to include in your blog. There for all to see..an un-talented semstrist (even the computer doesn't know how to spell that word) mother sewing out of love for her child. You might sell it on Ebay. Who knows, stranger things have made money.

the Villamor's said...

Mama Jan--I was waiting to hear your reply to that post. I thought about taking a picture of the other doll you made me with the pointy hands and feet;)

i don't know how to spell that word either but I think there is an "a" in there somewhere! ha! selling it on ebay might be a good idea:)