Friday, December 28, 2007

He's 6!


Nate turned 6 today! It is hard to believe he is this old. Before we know it he will be 18 and graduating from high school! ahhhh! It just seems like a short time ago we brought him home! He was a hunk-of-baby-love!! When he was placed with us he was 10.5 months old and he weighed 32 pounds!! So cute and lovable!! He would give the best hugs!!! He is such a wonderful son and we are so lucky to be his parents!


6 things I love about Nate....
1. He is a hard worker. When it is time to do his chores he does them so well. He is focused and gets the job done with little or no prodding from me.
2. He is eager to learn. He does very well in school and is self-motivated. He would practice his sight words on his own...I never had to remind him to study because he already did!.
3. He has a wonderful imagintation. I love to watch him play for hours with his cars, or trains or his most recent obsession-Bionicles. This is definately a child who plays well by himself!
4. He likes to be around little children....although he will deny this:) But when we babysit Nate likes to entertain them by doing silly thing that will make them laugh. I believe he enjoys little children because they idolize him(and they do whatever he says)....but I can also see the caring side of Nate coming through when he is around them:)
5. His love for his family. Although Nate aggravates us so well he really does love his family. He is always giving me ideas I can use with my preschool children and asking me how it is going. He tries his best to make us all happy....well Fia would disagree with this because he is always teasing her....but I know he loves her. Nate does not kiss anyone but he will give hugs. I love to get hugs and kisses before they get out at the school..... but I knew Nate wouldn't do this especially in front of the teachers that are standing there helping the kids get out of their cars(too embarrassing!). So what we do is I kiss my hand and then he gives me a "high 5". Now he makes sure whenever I leave the house(and he isn't with me) that I give him a "high 5" and a hug before I go. So sweet! The other day Fia wanted to give him a "high 5" also but he wouldn't do it. I said they could do the "fist bump"... or whatever it is called....instead and Nate thought that would be cool:)
6. His smile.....he has such a sweet one! I love to see it! And now that he is smiling for pictures again we will have it forever!

Happy Birthday Nate!

And thank you to Joy-his birthmother and Frank-his birthfather for listening to Heavenly Father as He let them know Nate was to join our family. I am thinking about Joy especially today and just wish I could give her a hug. I just wish she could see how her son is growing up into a fine young lad! She chose to stop contact with us and I sure wish I could talk with her again!



3 comments:

The Walker Family said...

Happy #6 Buddy-Nate! Time is a flying MK. Before we know it, our boys will be on their missions and then come home, and find a good daughter-n-law for us, I mean a good woman for them, marry in the temple and our girls will go off to college and get their Temple m.r.s. degree...and you know the rest of the story! I should have stuck with Happy Birthday Buddy Nate!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry I missed his day. You did give his our present I gave you the last time you were home! Hope so. I get him something else when he's here soon. You sounded like a teacher when you were telling why you loved him!!!!! You're good, that's all. Would the kids like a call from Grampie and Granny on their birthdays? I'll try do this if they would like it.

irvy said...

MaryKate I can't believe how big he's getting - what a handsome young man. Glad to see your blog.

Kim