Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Big Girl Party

This year Sophia had great ideas for her birthday party. She wanted it to be a dance & spend the night party! As we were making the guest list it kept getting longer and longer. Before I knew it we had 7 girls and 2 boys invited! I knew all the girls and figured it would be alright....you never know when you get that many girls together what might happen! But it was a stress-free party(aside from the screams that naturally come from 8 and 9 year old girls). Everyone got along so well which is also great since not everyone knew each other.


The school had their thanksgiving dinner that day and the kids begged me to check them out after lunch. I did on the condition that they help me clean and decorate. They promised and did exactly that! Nate loves setting the table and arranging the party favors and drinks. Sophia took care of the decorations.

We bought everyone masks and these glow-stick-bendy-sticks that could make necklaces and earrings and bracelets. Those were a big hit. Then we had hot dogs for dinner. (when Fia and I were talking about her party I said we would just eat pizza....she said everyone has pizza on their birthdays. She wanted lasagna:) We did have lasagna for her birthday dinner just not with 10 of her closest friends! )

She wanted me to make a disco ball cake....well I am pretty creative but not that creative Fia! We just cut up her invitations and stuck the dancing people in the cupcakes.

Smile Fia....oh wait....here is Richard too:)
Presents! Oooooohhhhh! Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Then we turned on Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers for a little dancing!

It is hard to get pictures in the dark!

The present we gave Fia was the High School Musical Dance Party game for the Wii. It was a big hit with everyone and pretty funny to watch!

More fun to watch the adults try it!

After dancing and gaming the girls watched Journey to the Center of the Earth and then settled down to sleep. At 11:00 I turned off the TV because I knew they would be up early the next day and I didn't want to send home cranky girls!! We ate cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then everyone was gone by 9am. It was such a nice party I hated to see all Sophia's friends leave!
This was the first year Sophia had concrete ideas about how she wanted her party to go. It was fun planning it with her and taking her ideas. She sure is growing up!

0 comments: