Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A very occasional tag....


1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags? wrapping paper for sure! much cheaper although bags are easier....but then I would worry about having to recyle them and find a place to store them for next year!
2. Real Tree or Artificial? fake! All growing up we had a 4ft. fake tree that my mom grew up with. She would take off the decorations after Christmas, leave the lights on it, drape a sheet over it and cart it down to the basement where it would stay until the next year! We have had 2 real trees in our married life. One DIED with 2 weeks left until Christmas which was such a hassle to undecorate and then redeocrate! I just prefer fake!
3. When do you put up your tree? whenever we get a free moment....I prefer it to be later than sooner....
4. When do you take down the tree? Christmas day! Ready for it to be gone by then!

5. Do you like eggnog? not really
6. Favorite gift received as a child? i remember getting a big doll one year
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad
8. Do you have a nativity scene? a couple
9. Mail or email Christmas Cards? mail but there are some really cute ones on Jib Jab I want to do!
10. Worst Christmas Gift you ever received? In 4th grade we brought presents to do a gift exchange. I got socks wrapped in a hamburger helper box. I hope i didn't make a face because I knew the girl who brought it was poor...but I remember thinking "socks???"

11. Favorite Christmas Movie? How the Grinch Stole Christmas! The new version!
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? when I know what my children want
13. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? don't have one thing in particular but Richard loves those italian bread things with the fruit and nuts? it is like a cake-like fruitcake
14. Lights on the tree? ummmm....is there any other way?!
15. Favorite Christmas Song? Christmas bells
16. Travel at Christmas of Stay Home? stay at home! this was a rule we set early in our marriage! We want to be home to watch our kids open their presents ALONE!
17. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I think I could....and you know I just discovered today that it isn't DoNner but DonDer.....all those years I was singing it wrong!

18. Angel on the top or a star? can't remember....it has been a bow and a star and lots of other things.
19. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? New PJs on Christmas Eve and the rest the next morning.
20. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I agree with some others who have answered this list....the Christmas music that started BEFORE thanksgiving and that is the same 10 songs over and over and over and over!

21. Favorite ornament theme or color? all the ornaments that are meaningful....no theme or color. that is too hard to keep up with!
22. Favorite Christmas Dinner? we never did anything growing up and I don't do anything now. We prepare and eat a nice breakfast after unwrapping Santa's gifts.

23. What do you want for Christmas this year? a nice set of knives in one of those wood blocks....and then i might need a first-aide kit close by....I have been sawing at my food for so long it scares me a little to get nice sharp knives!

24. My Favorite Christmas Gift Received Ever? Richard suprised me with a digital camera about 7 years ago....that was pretty cool...although the greatest gift is watching my children open their gifts. We are so fortunate that we can buy our children gifts at Christmas.

5 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

Nice Post. I'm sorry you grew up warped by not having a special Christmas dinner. My mother didn't do it and I guess that's why I didn't either. Thanksgiving was the biggest holiday except for Christmas morning!

Natalie said...

You really take your tree down on Christmas day? And I love the title of the post :)

Kathryn said...

Here is a story that I thought you would find interesting http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/donner.asp -- so technically you aren't wrong!

TheVillamorFamily said...

I knew you would love the title Natalie....I need to send Jordan a note and tell her to look at it:)

TheVillamorFamily said...

No worries Granny! We didn't miss anything about a nice Christmas dinner!!

So are you saying I am warped????:)