Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's beginning to feel like Christmas....finally!

I had a hard time this year getting into the Christmas spirit....I think it had a lot to do with the Christmas music that started to play in the middle of NOVEMBER! I got sick of hearing Rudolph and White Christmas even before December rolled in! Richard put up the tree and most of the decorations...I kept saying we didn't need to get out all our decorations this year....I just didn't want to deal with the extra clutter!! But now I am enjoying them and even put up a few recently!! yay me!;)

Fia and Nate love to see all the ornaments from the years past. We buy a new one each year and try to have it symbolize something of that year. This time we got a crab since we just ordered 4 dozen for RIchard's family visit this weekend. We also go to the Christmas Village at Callaway Gardens and paint a clay ornament. That is always fun.

The first weekend in December Richard's choir "Sons of Lafayette" had their Christmas concert. It was so nice to hear spiritual carols instead of all the secular ones! This really helped to feel the real reason for this season.

isn't he cute;)
Hope you all are feeling the joy of this season!

3 comments:

The Walker Family said...

I feel the same way. I have been really having a hard time feeling the spirit of Chritmas too. We did the day # 14 on the 12 days of Christmas and it was difficult! I really didn't understand it, but the kids loved thier experience! Tomorrow's discussion is mch easier. Nephi knows how to tell a story!

Richard needst to sing for us! I have never heard his choir sing beofre!

Granny's Blog said...

Good pictures of your Christmas preparations and of the family. I'll go to my brother's house on the 23rd. Tomorrow, I'll go out and get presents for Bill,Lynn, Will, Katie and her son, whose name I can't recall right now...Harrison, that's it!

the Villamor's said...

Glad you are getting to see family Mom. We are looking forward to seeing you all after Christmas...just wish it was under different circumstances!!

TJ....the first day was hard to understand but just re-read the summary of the scripture passage and it ties in with the next 2 days....basically different prophesied of Jesus' birth!