Saturday, December 6, 2008

Cookies for BREAKFAST????

A couple weeks ago I was out with Fia and Nate shopping.....at about 10am. I wasn't home when they ate breakfast and they were getting hungry for real food! Here was our conversation:

me: Didn't you eat breakfast this morning?
them: yea
me: what did you have?
them: cookies!
me: Who gave you cookies???
them: Dad!

So I got them something to eat and when I got home I questioned Richard about poisoning our children's young bodies with so much sugar in the morning....(totally kidding! i am sure those blasted poptarts have just as much sugar as the cookies they were eating! and i push the easy poptarts frequently! )

me: Why did you give the kids cookies for breakfast?
Richard: I didn't give them cookies for breakfast!!!
me: they said you did...
Richard: Well....I was eating cookies and they said, "Dad can we have some cookies?" and I said, "yes".

Whew! At least he wasn't GIVING them cookies for breakfast! He was just sharing cookies with them!

This story deserves a big hardy har har

2 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

Ha-ha-ha! That was a cute story! Thanks again for the beautiful jewelry.

Laine said...

love it! reminds me of "Dad is great, gives us the chocolate cake!" bill cosby. :)