Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Camping

I tried to get into the posts Richard did about our camping trip but blogger won't let me for some reason....so here is my synopsis of the adventure!

We left 3pm on Friday and we only forgot one thing....usually we won't go after what we forgot....but this was pretty important....it was the key to the camper door:) Even with that delay we got to the campground without any traffic jams!

I booked our site back in June. I was calling to get a reservation for the 4th of July but they were full...so i went ahead and booked a site for Labor Day. I was able to pull up the campground map and pick the site I wanted. We were right on the lake....with only the narrow road separating us....and our site was huge!! It was perfect!


The McMinn's came up Friday night to camp with us. It was fun to have them with us. Cami loves Nate and Nate loves that Cami loves him! Here they are getting cozy in the camper;)

Since we were so close to the lake....this is where the kids liked to be. Sophia was always down there looking for rocks and playing with the clay. She has been studying different kinds of rocks and soil in her science class so she took home some rocks to show her teacher.

After breakfast on Saturday we headed over to hike up the mountain. It wasn't too hot but when you are walking on an incline the sweat just pours naturally. It was fun to watch Sophia and Nate climbing together ahead of us. Later I asked Fia what her favorite part of our trip and she said it was climbing the mountain and talking to Nate. He really does love his sister even if he has a hard time showing it....amidst all his aggravating!


It was so nice for Stone Mountain to provide gum for us while we were hiking! They think of everything....and there were so many flavors to choose from I decided to take a little of each one!

While I was doing research on where to letterbox, I noticed Stone Mountain had a lot of boxes planted inside the park. I was able to print off a few but wished I had printed off more because we were only able to find one. This clue only gave us a picture and I was thinking we would never find it....but it was located right off the main road! It was fun for Richard to do this with us!
This is the stamp...

This is where it was hid....


Hiding it back for the next treasure-hunter!


We set off to find another letterbox but were unsuccessful....the upside of that experience is we got to hike around this beautiful trail! I can only imagine how gorgeous Stone Mountain is in the Fall!

In spite of car troubles it was such a great weekend. I can't wait to camp again!

1 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

You did take some pictures! Your synopsis was good. Nate's hair looks long. I'm glad he has a little buddy friend to love him! Every one needs someone to love them and the more the better. I'm glad you had such a good time.