Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sophia



I realized I post a lot about Nate's funniness but not much about Fia. She doesn't have many quirky behavior as Nate so not many "stories" to record:) But she deserves her very own post!!

So I thought I would write a few things about our babygirl Sophia:)

She says she is the top reader in her class. I don't doubt this and I know she tries really hard to impress her teacher!! I am sure she has done this in years past but I think she tries extra hard since her teacher is our good friend as well!

She got the nickname "Fia" from her friend Lillian who was a year older. I never liked the nickname "Sophie" and was happy to call her Fia!
She LOVES anything related to science. Poor thing got a telescope for Christmas last year and her deglectful parents have helped her use it 2 times since! It is so hard to find the moon with that thing!

She is such a great friend and is a friend to everyone! While we were camping she made friends with almost everyone she met. The first night she was out gathering some sticks for the fire and when she came back she told me about this family she made friends with. She kept asking me to go meet them. It was funny how much she liked them. I asked her what their names were and her reply was "i haven't figured that out yet."

She loves her brother and is mostly patient with his antagonizing ways. She likes to kiss him when he is sleeping.

She is allergic to chores and grass.

Mosquitos EAT HER ALIVE.

She use to call pajamas "jamamas"
Her favorite food is ramen noodles and any kind of pasta

She loves her long hair but doesn't care to brush it.

She loves to spend her money

She is a very touchy-feely-hands-on child. She loves to give hugs and is fun to sleep with. We had a family bed until she was 5. I loved it when she would roll over and reach her little chubby hand searching for my face. Another good thing about this quality....she lets me know when I haven't spent enough time with her....not with her words but the look in her eyes.

We love our baby girl!!

4 comments:

Chris said...

What a nice post Mary Kate. Fia IS such a sweet girl! You'll be so glad you wrote this stuff down as your "baby girl" keeps growing up so quickly. It's easy to forget the little things that make up their cute personalities now.

Granny's Blog said...

Such a sweet post! Chris is right. Time flies on wings of lightening...

The Walker Family said...

That's my fia girl! She is growing up so fast! Tell her I said to stopppppp! TJ

Lisa said...

Wow! Sophia is so lucky to have such a great teacher!! :) Just kidding. I'm so lucky to have Sophia in my class. Wesley and Patrick just love her and so do I. She is one special girl!