Saturday, September 6, 2008

Nate stories...

So it is one of those nights.... so I thought I would record some funny stories of our buddy Nate.



One quality Nate has is when he takes on a cause he is committed! Most 6 year old boys do not associate with anything girlie...anything pink and purple or anything that might even remotely look like a girl would be a part of it.



So the other day Nate was listening to some Jonas Brother's songs on the internet. This is something he does regularly....and some songs he listens to over. and over. and over. and over!!!!

Which did help me learn the lyrics before going to their concert.



Anyway I recognized the tune to this particular song he was listening to over and over and over again....it was from The Litte Mermaid when Ursala was about to take Ariel's voice...remember...the poor unfortunate souls one???





here is our conversation about it....


Me: Nate! I know that song!

Nate: you do? (kinda shocked)

Me: It is from the Little Mermaid

Nate: no it is NOT! (very defensive)

Me: yes it is!

Nate: no it isn't!

Me: Nate...

Now at this point he is very frustrated and says some other stuff as the reality that his favorite band was singing a song that was once sung by a girl. I told him it was from the ugly mean octopus. It didn't change his mind because he is committed!!


I haven't heard that song since....and their rendention of it was very good! I guess I will have to listen to it myself....oooooo....maybe I should do it and see what his reaction will be!

Story #2:


Whenever we go into sacrament meeting at church Nate likes to get a songbook for each song we will sing that day. He turns to each page and lays them out for me. He goes hunting for enough songbooks for each song.

Last week we attended church at a ward near Stone Mountain where we were camping. After we sat down Nate began to hunt for his songbooks. We had 2 on our row but since we sing 4 songs he looked to the row ahead of us for some more. There was a family sitting on that row with a boy about Nate's age. After a about 5 minutes of us sitting down I noticed Nate was standing up with his back to the wall(we were in one of the side pews) watching what this boy was doing. He was not just sitting still but had something on his pew that he was fiddling with. After a few minutes I noticed Nate still standing and asked him to sit down. I don't remember if Nate said something about needing more songbooks or what but I got the thought to see what this boy was doing. The boy seemed to have a songbook fettish as well because he had 5-6 books stacked up on his pew! It made me chuckle and wish I could have heard Nate's thoughts as he realized he needed more hymn books and then seeing all the books the boy had accumulated!


Story #3:

One of Nate's favorite foods is cheese crackers. He can eat the store brands but just likes the plain original flavor. That is his favorite snack and goes to it first...after he has asked for something to drink of course.

There was an instance where we needed to buy more. As we were heading to town one day he reminded me of this fact. We were planning to go to Wal-Mart but luckily what we needed must not have been that urgent so we decided to go home. When Nate found out he almost started to cry. He said, "but Mom! We need to get some Cheeze-its!"

I didn't realize HOW important those little square crackers were to him!



We love you Nate and are glad you don't read this blog because if you did you would be very upset with me!! Please do not tease Nate about anything I say in this blog! :)



5 comments:

Chris said...

Ahhh, Nate... you're a cutie! You just wouldn't be Nate without your fun little quirks. It has been wonderful to watch you grow and change and turn into such a sweet boy (even though you don't want anyone to say that!!) I feel so lucky when Nate actually talks to me and lets me in his little world. :)

Granny's Blog said...

Nate is a good boy. Life is hard even for guys his age. I always turn to the next song, but I never thought about getting extra song books! We had over 200 people at Sacrament meeting today! Amy Broadhurst Boston's baby was blessed today, so a lot of her family were there. If all goes well, they will begin our new building in April! (it was a boy named Avery).

The Walker Family said...

That;s my buddy nate! I love his mind. I love what he does and say. Irealyy love watching Nate interact wth Forrest. it is at that time, the workd can stand still! They absoluely love each ohter!

Lisa said...

Nate and Patrick are alike in many ways. I know Nate likes me because he likes to come to my house - even though he will barely speak to me at school. I'm so glad the kids play together so well - even with their differences. My boys barely get in the driveway before they are trying to run to your house to play!

the Villamor's said...

lisa- I am so glad you moved here!