Friday, March 21, 2008

Dublin, Ga.

As I mentioned in another post Richard took the kids back to Dublin to visit(we had attended a wedding reception there last month but didn't have time to see all that we wanted so he took the kids back). Here are some pictures that have memories for us:


We always thought this billboard was funny. It is a huge cross right on the side of the road. This is the small town of Dudley, Ga.

I am not sure why Richard took this picture of Golden Corral. It has no special meaning for us. I guess Richard was just playing the tourist and taking pictures of everything!

Ahhhhh....the mall! When we lived there they had a big birthday celebration for this mall. It turned 25! I remember thinking "it is 25 years old and it hasn't grown any??". It was pretty pitiful....well you know your mall is small if it has a drugstore inside!



I just deleted the picture of our apartment! I will have to put it in a new post....but here is our first house. We bought this after we had been married about 3-4 months for $59, 000. 210 North Calhoun Street. I believe it was sitting on .25 of an acre and was 1500 square feet. It was built in the 1920s (I believe) so it had very small closets but the rooms were huge! I loved this house! It also had glass doorknobs that were so classy and french doors leading from the dining room into the den! It had lots of character! I don't remember the mailbox being on the street though. We had a mailbox on our porch. Across the street was Stubbs Park where they have a huge Arts and Crafts Festival every St. Patrick's Day(that is another reason Richard went that weekend).

This corner is where you would turn to get to our house. This main street ran through town and had all the nice big houses on it.

And here is the church:) Our best friends lived right across the street. We lived 2 miles from here. I miss the people and friends we met in Dublin but I do not want to live there again!! I LOVE LaGrange!

2 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

A nice travel tour!

The Walker Family said...

Forret liked your house too. He loved it so much he put a hole in the wall with the door handle!