Friday, March 21, 2008

Late.....AGAIN!


During the last 9 weeks the thing Sophia needed to improve on was getting to school on time....no doubt about that! So we have been really trying to do better.....


So this week has been really hard for my children with school because their fun, fantastic cousins came for a visit! It was hard to go to sleep at night and especially hard to go to school the next day because their cousins were here!!

Now that I am teaching seminary I am not there to help the kids get ready in the morning...so it is left up to Richard to herd them out the door:) He is getting better but some mornings are just hard!! A couple weeks ago the kids decided it would be better to just ride the bus so they wouldn't be late....well this week we have let them sleep in an extra hour since they had been staying up with cousins(and Mon-Thurs they were at school on time)....but today the kids didn't sleep in. Nate was awake when I was getting ready to leave so I went ahead and woke Sophia up and brought her in our bedroom so we could have family prayers before I left. I thought they would have no problem getting ready on time...I mean if you had 90 minutes to get ready wouldn't you be on time???
Well at 7:30 I call home and Nate answers. I am thinking they are about to walk out the door....He tells me Dad is in the shower. Hmmmmmm......that doesn't sound good to me. I call Richard around 9am to see how the morning went and as he was telling me I just chuckled. Sophia was whiny, Nate and Fia were fighting over lunchboxes, Nate didn't like his cereal, Nate whined about his Easter eggs, etc, etc, etc. Poor Richard. I deal with this kind of stuff all the time so I know how to redirect them but he tends to get sucked into the "power of whine"!

The part that really made me laugh was when Richard dropped off the kids at the school(they were so late no one was out there opening car doors anymore) he noticed that Sophia had not combed through her wet hair! Poor Fia!
I am so glad it is Friday!!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your pictures, good blog!

Granny's Blog said...

I guess GA and AL don't have spring break at the same time! Poor Richard and and Fia and Nate. It's not nice to need sleep and you have to go to school. I never liked school anyway.

The Walker Family said...

Bless richard-yeah right! Bless us moms who deal with this everyday, day in, day out! We are the ones who need the blessings! George did the same thing when we lived two blocks away from the school. I didn't laugh when the letter was addressed to me saying the kids had over 30 tardies in the past nine weeks and if it continiued, DHR would get involved. Not funnY! So not funny!