Wednesday, March 12, 2008

She's a reader!!

Just this year Sophia has really taken off with her reading! I tried to get her into reading some last year but she didn't want to do much more than was required from school...I mean we read books and stories before bed but she didn't take much interest in chapter books until this year. She got a copy of Ella Enchanted from her cousin Kayla last year and we started reading that together. I actually enjoyed reading that book to her and was the one wanting to read it to see how it ended! Then she picked up Harry Potter-on her own- and has kept up with it! As you can see she is almost done but the end is getting scarry so she doesn't read it at night anymore!


I love to see my children reading because as a teacher I know how important it is to develop a love of reading....and in spite of our Dad's best encouragements we(Trudy, Frankie and I) didn't enjoy reading until we were older....at least I think that is true for them. I do love reading now but mostly good picture books that I read to my preschoolers!

I did recently read Twillight Series by Stephenie Meyer and was suprised at how much I loved them! The only other author I enjoy seems to be John Grisham and I noticed he has a new book out as well....can't wait for it to be in paperback! There may be other books I would enjoy but I don't seem to have the time to find them right now!

2 comments:

Granny's Blog said...

I didn't really like to read as a kid. I was too eager to be outside playing to want to sit and read. When I hit 40yrs. I started liking to read (life has a way of slowing you down!). Fia's getting a head start.

Chris said...

Ahhh, does a Mom's heart good to see her child love reading! I don't tackle long books like Harry Potter, but my kids do :)
Way to go Fia!